Preparation and After-Care
- Shower, exfoliate, and remove body hair before your tanning session. Use nylon exfoliating gloves or a washcloth. Make sure you scrub your entire body well.
- Shave at least 6 hours before your appointment. If you tan right after shaving, your pores are wide open and you can get little dots on your legs!
- Be sure to wash off any hair conditioner residue from your body.
- If your appointment is later in the day, you may need to shower before coming to remove any sweat and oils from the day.
- Skin should be clean and dry before being sprayed. Don’t apply moisturizers, deodorants, anti-perspirants, oils, or makeup before your tanning appointment. They can effect tan development.
- Wear dark, loose, easily cleaned clothing to appointment. Wear loose shoes. Bring an old swimsuit or undergarment to tan in. (wool, lycra, nylon, spandex, silk, rayon, and leather can all stain) We have disposable panties, or you may tan topless or nude if you prefer.
- Style hair in a hairclip or ponytail so it will be off of face and neck.
- Remove all contact lenses and jewelry before being sprayed. (if you can't remove contacts, just make sure to close your eyes)
- You will not be able to swim, sweat, bathe, or exercise for at least 6 to 8 hours – so plan accordingly.
- Bring a towel to cover leather or light colored seats.
- If it is raining or snowing, bring an umbrella and/or hoodie. If you get rained or snowed on, you will streak or spot!
- Wear loose fitting clothing for 6 to 8 hours, while tan develops.
- Don’t exercise, sweat, swim, or bathe for 6 to 8 hours.
- After 8 to 12 hours, shower normally. Don’t use exfoliates or abrasives.
- Wash with a mild shower gel. Use a mesh shower poof or washcloth (gently). Do NOT use Dove soap or moisturizers!
- Color wash off in the shower is normal: this is only the color guide tint. (bronzer) Your tan will continue to develop over the next 12 to 24 hours.
- Pat, don’t rub skin dry.
- Apply a moisturizer or body butter to shower damp skin. (If you like, you can use a tan extender lotion; scrub palms after use with bar soap and a nailbrush so that they don't turn orange.) Moisturize again before bed with a moisturizer of your choice. (NOT Curel or Dove – these have ruined tans!)
- Apply moisturizer twice a day (after showering and before bed) and if you choose, apply an extender once a day or every other day.
- Avoid exfoliating skin. Some products can cause faster fading – bar soaps, alcohol based products such as toners and astringents, products that cause exfoliation such as AHAs, BHAs, Retin-A, etc. (anti-aging, anti-acne, regenerating, renewing) Make sure that you shave with a sharp razor to avoid exfoliating skin.
- Hot tubs, swimming pools, and even extended time in the ocean will take off your tan.
If you have any questions, please ask!